Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Life Before Her Eyes



Wow. What a good keep-you-watching-eyes-glued-to-the-screen-don't-wanna-even-get-up-to-pee movie. The story keeps you watching.

I'm surprised I haven't heard much buzz about this movie and just kind of stumbled upon it. Man is it good. Uma Thurman and Evan Rachel Wood do a FANTASTIC job telling the story of Diana, a woman who is suffering from survivor's guilt from surviving a Columbine like school shooting 15 years in her past.

I cannot accurately describe the twists and turns this movie takes, but I can tell you that this movie keeps you watching. The story is intoxicating.

This is not a movie I personally would usually go for; this was one I picked purely for the sake of this blog and ended up falling head over heals for.

I read the synopsis of this movie and was skeptical at best. I checked out the trailer and saw potential... So I've embedded it here for your viewing pleasure:




The Life Before Her Eyes was a great story. I would, however, recommend seeing it at a point in time where you can give it 100% of your attention, because if you missed a minute of it you'd probably be confused.

I give this movie 5 stars: my highest rating, because the story was phenomenal, and the ending was, well, surprising. I gotta say, I'm a total sucker for a really good ending...

Also, if you'd like to check it out on the IMDB, here's the link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0815178/

So, dear readers, until next time, happy viewing! ;)

No comments: