Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The X-Files: I Want to Believe

Six years after the series ends, swooping in to get our minds working again, comes X-Files: I want to Believe. With the movie comes a new, fresh, young agent; Dakota Whitney, played by the ravaging Amanda Peet.

Yes, you did see right; Mulder was on the run from the FBI in the series finale. But all is forgiven when Agent Whitney needs his help on a case. Agent Whitney beseeches Dr. Dana Scully {Gillian Anderson} to help her to recruit Fox Mulder {David Duchovny} so he can help the FBI to locate a missing agent and other kidnapped women.

Then we meet the priest, Father Joseph Crissman, a convicted pedophile and also a psychic, who has visions of this kidnapping yet can't give details.

This movie isn't quite what I expected of an X-Files movie. I expected more mystery, more paranormal sequences. I expected to see an alien or two.

The plot wasn't so bad, and at least they didn't start the movie right where the series left off; it's been six years, the actors have aged.

All and all I give X-Files 3 stars: because I didn't see enough "weirdness" for an X-Files movie.

Check it out on the IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443701/ .

And until next time, dear readers, happy viewing!! ;)

No comments: