Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Get to Know Sour Orange... Why I Love Movies

I love movies. It's a passion of mine. Nothing helps me to escape reality more than a good movie. Sometimes, a good movie can bring me closer to reality. Movies are like that; they touch you if written well enough.

I love movies for so many reasons. There are the memorable moments:



you know, those moments you see in a particularly great movie that just stick with you for hours after the film is over.


Then there are the moments in movies that just make you crack up, laugh, and sometimes squirt Pepsi out of your nose:



you know, those crack me up, make me go nuts, belly hurt from laughter moments...


And let's not forget the moments that bring tears to your eyes:



happy tears or sad tears, those moments seem to be so powerful that they provoke a significant response from your core being...


And then, my favorite movie moment of all, those moments that scare the crap out of you:

moments that make you freak out at the littlest sound outside your window; images that haunt your dreams...


The greatest movies have at least two of these moments, in my humble opinion. Make me laugh and cry in the same film and you have yourself a lifetime fan.


Movies are made up of a series of moments. Just like life. However, in the end, I think that most of us watch movies just to get out of our own life now and then. Take us away from our reality and be whisked away into a land much different than the one we know and love...


So, why do I love movies? I love movies for the moments. I love movies because I like to take a vacation from reality, even if it is only for an hour or two, once in awhile. Movies do that for me. And I hope they do the same for you.


So, why do YOU love movies??

No comments: