Friday, August 8, 2008

Step Brothers


Have you ever sat down to watch a movie totally thinking that this would be a good one? Have you ever read reviews, horrible reviews, and thought, "the critics were probably too hard on it... It's gotta be good, it's Will Ferrell?" I did.

No movie has disappointed me more {well, maybe Kill Switch} and made me feel that not only did I waste my time completely but I felt that I was STUPIDER for seeing it. It was more than a disappointment; it was a slap in the face.

Will Ferrell is usually such a funny guy that one would think everything he does will be filled with laughs. This is not so in Step Brothers. It's not John C. Reilly, he does a good job with his part; it's the movie as a whole. It stinks.

Basically, two 40ish guys still live with their parents. Their parents get married. They move in together. The "men" act like 5 year olds... And the movie goes forward. It makes me wonder if there are really men out there who act like this; totally immature, self centered idiots. I mean, these characters still found it necessary to ask permission from their parents to do things. Amazingly dumb...

I hate to say it, folks, but this movie is Terrible with a capital T. Please don't waste money on it, unless of course you like a movie leaving you feeling dumber than you were before you walked into a theatre. Shoot, don't even waste time. It is REALLY not worth it.

I give Step Brothers one star and one pathetic star: because it's bad. It gets one good star because, well, it's still Will Ferrell...

Check it out on the IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0838283/...

Until next time, happy viewing, and good luck... :)

No comments: