Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tropic Thunder


Hello again, dear readers. I am quite sorry that it has been awhile since my last review, I had the opportunity to take a much needed vacation. I want to make sure you know that this is not a frequently occurring thing; there will be reviews, news, and posts on this blog at least 3 times a week, more if life allows.

So, now that that is out of the way, on to the review!!
As you can tell from my previous blog post, Seems Promising..., I had high hopes for this movie. I am a huge fan of Jack Black and Ben Stiller and pretty much thought that anything these two would star in together would be hilarious. Add Robert Downey Jr. playing a white man who is playing a black man to the picture, and I pretty much thought the laughs would come in spades...

Alas, I was disappointed. Tropic Thunder is a movie filled with testosterone and low brow jokes. It even goes a little too far by making fun of retarded people.. There was an article in the Washington Post asking readers to ban this movie for that reason... Here's the link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/10/AR2008081001869.html .

There is some comedy to be found in this movie, just not too much. Sure, there are a lot of people who will look at it different than I do. Personally, however, I didn't think this was that good of a comedy...

I give Tropic Thunder 1 star: because honestly, this could have been done so much better. These actors are of more caliber than that...

Check it out on the IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0942385/ .

And until next time, happy viewing! :)

No comments: